Wednesday, July 14, 2010

This might just work...


I might have gotten a little excited today. I watched the "Three Kings" of South Beach interview in its entirety and for the first time since LBJmania hit full swing I had a visual of this craziness actually having a chance at success. At first, I was (maybe still am, a little) skeptical, for obvious reasons:

LeBron bailing on Cleveland kinda puts a bad taste in my mouth, not gonna lie. Part of me wanted him to be loyal, badly. After "The Letter" though I rescind my need for loyalty.

All the "Chris Bosh" and "superstar" in the same sentence talk. (Bosh is good, but superstar status?). I mean how many playoff appearances in HOW many years in Toronto?

Lastly, D-Wade v. LBJ v. Bosh...oh wait, on the same court, on the SAME team?

All in all it just seemed like way too ridiculous of an idea.

Now though? I am on board. If nothing else I just want to see what actually happens when all three, wearing the same Heat logo'd jersey, step on the court and play 48 mins of hoops. Together.

The reasons it works?

1. DWade is a killa. I always thought so. Behind Kobe, he's second best at closing games. 3.4 seconds left, down 2?...The ball is in DWade's hands. No question.

2. LeBron might not have as killer as an instinct as many of us would like to believe he does. I feel like the man just likes to ball. Period. He just happens to be really, really, ridiculously good at playing. So the world then adds this unnecessary weight to those broad shoulders and has the nerve to judge him by how well he carries it. You know its true. You've done it, I've done it. He draws it to himself because he is that good. That being said, if DWade is allowed to close, LeBron will then be allowed to ball. Ball to the tune of 25, 12 and 10 night in and night out.

3. Then we come to Bosh. I look at Bosh like a Gasol/Odom mixture. (Sorry about the double Laker reference). With the right pieces, i.e: LBJ, DWade, Bosh will do nothing but excel.


So for those of you that are still walking the line of *like* or *dislike* think about it.

It wasn't Jordan and a bunch of scrubs. Bird had a full cast of characters to work with. Magic, Kareem and Worthy. Hell, I'll even throw a KG, Pierce and Allen bone in there. It has worked. It will work. I'm excited to see it work.

No comments:

Post a Comment